Sunday, September 9, 2012

internet making us dumb


                                       Gooogle making us stupid
The author seems to believe strongly that the Internet is creating lapses in the way we think. It makes us lose focus merely because of the fact that it’s readily available. The information that the Internet provides is virtually limitless in that people can add junk everyday.
I don’t see the Internet as a problem like Nicholas Carr does in the reading aspects. It may create problems in our reading process, but the information comes fast reducing hours of research. The Internet is like a bike in that it gets you where you want to go faster. I do agree it creates distractions because of the countless amount of information provided which obstructs your train of thought.
 The Internet is shaping our society today by giving us a variety of things to do. You can do a lot of things on the Internet from research to television. It makes communication easier as well. In a way, I think the Internet isn’t too harmful so long as people don’t get too drawn in to all the information provided.
I liked this article overall because of the way he presented the argument. He made anecdotes and took some quotes to make his article clear. It was funny cause I found myself doing the same things he was mentioning like skimming through the article to get the gist instead of thoroughly reading it. I actually think this article contains some things that I might hit in my social identity paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment